About the Builder
- How many years have you been in business, and how many homes have you built?
- What sort of new home warranty do you offer?
- How does your company address material shortages or discontinued items?
- How do you hire your contractors and labor?
- Can I view a current project you’re working on? (Homes in the works are a great way to check for workmanship and material quality.)
- Do you build model homes that I can tour? If not, can you help me make an appointment to tour a home you built for another customer?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from previous home buyers?
About the Process
- Do you only build from existing floorplans, or can I provide my own set of plans?
- What features are standard in the homes you build? What are the upgrades?
- When and how can I make changes or upgrades throughout the building process?
- What are the energy-saving features of the homes you build?
- What price changes should be expected during the build time?
- Who will be overseeing the construction of my home? Who can I reach out to during construction with questions?
- What is your process for inspections throughout construction, final walk-through, and addressing any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
- How long does it take to build a home with your company?
- How long will it take to build my home?
- How and when will the final cost of my home be determined?